We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Mary’s. Our Parish Safeguarding Officer, Fiona Izzard can be contacted on 07947 805429 or email email@example.com and our Churchwarden, Martha Ellison can be contacted on 01883 336677 or 07763 114518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about where to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
To contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton email@example.com 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
Marie Daly firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295 Louise Vernon email@example.com 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
The current edition of A Safe Church, Southwark’s safeguarding policy and procedures: