24 Warwick Road, Redhill, RH11BU. Telephone 01737 780884.
www.welcare.org. Also on Facebook
Charity NUMBER 1107859. Company limited by guarantee no. 5275749.
Welcare supports families needing help – both through prayer and practical help. Groups on offer include: Mummy and Me, One Step at a Time, Parenting Puzzle, Let’s talk, Messy Play. All of these can only take place through the combined work of paid and volunteer staff as well as support from local churches and other organisations.
Highlights are as follows:
- In the three months 1st April – 30th June 385 families were seen including 378 children up to the age of 13
- June15th at Southwark Cathedral Welcare held a Celebration Service with the Rt. Rev. Christopher Chessun preaching on Welcare’s work transforming the lives of children and families. Again none of this would be possible without dedicated staff and volunteers.
- In July there was a special 10k Run in London (ASICS) Team Welcare Runners raised approx. £2000.
- Over the summer in Inner London “Summer Food and Fun” was organised to support families struggling without access to free school meals known colloquially as “Holiday Hunger”!!! Likewise in Redhill “Top Up Tuesday” was devised also to support those missing free school meals. Thanks to those at St. Mary’s for helping with this by putting food in the box at the back of the church!
- October Our Harvest Service was held and all the donations of cash, cheques and vouchers were collected and most gratefully received by Welcare approx. £165.
- December saw our Christmas Toy Service which with most generous donations (an exceptional response) went a long way to help 762 families through individual one-to-one or group work programmes.
Good News. Welcare in East Surrey will continue to serve the local community with the new Family Centre Redhill supporting families with children up to the age of 11.
2020 started out with high hopes as usual, but with the onset of COVID-19 everything had to be cancelled- like other organisations Welcare has had to make other arrangements to keep in touch with their families one way or another!!!
Once again thank you St. Mary’s for your wonderful generous support enabling the Welcare team to carry on with their amazing work.
Please remember Welcare in your prayers. With very best wishes to you all.
Bobby Clarke – Deanery Representative.